SCUBA Certification from All Things Aquatic!
This deal includes:
Academic Instruction, Personal Gear Fitting, Pool Training Sessions, hard gear included (up to 5, as needed to learn the skills), Your 4 Open Water Training Dives with an ATA Instructor, Your Certification Card (or referral package) flexible scheduling and small class sizes.
PRIVATE LESSONS AVAILABLE DUE TO COVID-19
Your Open Water Certification Will Involve: (PADI & SDI standards both recommend a minimum of 31 Instructional hours)
3-5 Academic Sessions (either in person with an instructor, online, or a combination of both)
3-6 Pool Sessions (sessions are mastery-based, once you learn a skill we move on—skills should be able to be done neutrally buoyant)
4-6 Open Water Training Dives (4 required for Open Water, additional dives are for the optional specialties)
Time Frame: Classes will progress at your pace. We set your schedule when you sign-up for lessons. Some people get done in just a week or two, others take up to a year to finish. (Please note: Last minute certifications, may incur an additional charge)
Academic Classes: You choose how you learn best. You can do e-learning, traditional classroom, or blended combination! With either the book or the e-learning the content is broken down in manageable sections. For traditional sessions, you complete the reading on your own and schedule class at your convenience to go over Knowledge Reviews. You can do more than one chapter in a session if you prefer. If you choose e-learning, you will complete the work online. You will still schedule 1 academic session to go over what we feel are essential key concepts and take a quick verification quiz. If you want to be extra thorough you can do both.
Pool Sessions: We currently use 2 public pools, and several private pools by arrangement.
Mt. Lebanon High School Pool--classes are usually on Wednesday Nights 7:30 pm - 10:00 pm
California University - Hamer Hall – Friday – Sunday evening, and other -- times are very flexible and change each Semester
You should bring your swimming suit, personal gear, a towel, bottled water, and Crew Pack w/ Log Book to pool with you.
Open Water Training Dives: You will need to complete a minimum of 4 dives over the course of 2 days to complete your certification. In the Summer, we typically use several quarries within driving distance (Blue Hole, Dutch Springs, and White Star). In the winter we take several trips to Florida, or travel to the Caribbean. If you combine your lessons with signing up for a 7-day or longer trip--you will receive a significant discount! You also have the option of taking a referral with you to complete your dives elsewhere if you already have a vacation planned. Speak to someone at the shop, or call, for details.
Included in ALL of our Open Water Certifications:
● Instruction at your pace and schedule—no add on fees for flexibility or “executive” treatment1
● Personalized Attention with a focus on your fun and safety!
● Instruction for Academics Session OR E-learning Review -- YOU Choose whether you want e-learning or in-person instruction
● Use of any required DVD’s for training
● Instruction for Confined Water (Pool), and Open Water Dives (or referral for open water portion)
● Hard gear needed for confined water training – BCD, regulator, tanks, wetsuit
● Personal Gear Fitting by a Dive Professional-- we take the time to make sure your gear fits you right
● Certification Card, or Referral Paperwork
FLEX – PLAN $499
Includes: Open Water Certification
● All of the above
● 10-15% Discount on Personal Gear
● 15% Discount on your Educational Materials
● Special Pricing on Student Gear Rental
● Personal Gear (mask, snorkel, fins, boots)
● Educational Materials
● Hard Gear Rental for Open Water Dives
● Hotel (if needed) for Open Water Training
● Quarry Fees & Air Fills for Open Water Trainin
Our Philosophy: Our goal is for you to learn to dive in the manner that is the most fun, and enjoyable for you. Our Instructional program is the most thorough, flexible, and individualized dive training program in the area. Most of the cost of your lessons goes to pay the pool fees, insurance and instructional Staff. Our Instructors and staff are highly qualified. We want to compensate them fairly because they will be giving you a lot of their time and energy. We keep our class sizes extremely small so that we can focus on the most important part of lessons – YOU!